Monday, August 9, 2010

My New Adventure


Good Bye Classroom!


Hello PlayWisely!
School is about to start and it is crazy because I will not be going back! After six years of teaching Special Education Bret and I made the decision at the end of last year that it would be best if I stayed home. All of my teacher friends are talking about all the things they need to get done to get their classrooms ready. I chuckle in my head because I think man I am so glad that is not me. Now don’t get me wrong I will miss my friends and even the kiddos, and yes I have had one break down this summer when the realization started sinking in one night while I was paying bills that “oh my gosh August will be my last pay check can we really do this.” I know the answer and yes, yes we can and all for my family and this little girl that I love so much.



It is kind of crazy to think that I have not had a first day of school since 1985(this was brought to my attention by another teacher friend, Sherry, that is staying home this year). Once I finished high school I went straight to college then went straight to teaching but now I will be teaching my little miss Molly.


Now about PlayWisely:

It is a developmental play system designed to enhance cognitive and gross/fine motor skills in kids. A lady here in Rockwall has done research for years with this program and has started it here in the Dallas area. Right now I teach out of the ASI in Rockwall on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. Classes are only 30 minutes long and mommies stay to participate. There are only about 3 or 4 in each class and I work with ages 4 months to 3 years. I am so excited about this program. It is so much fun working with the kiddos but it also gives me the flexibility to be at home more. The founder of the company was given research money to work with kids with Autism so I will be helping her with that come January, very excited about all of this and my new adventure. Also all of you mommies I know with little kiddos don’t be surprised if you get an email from me explaining more about PlayWisely ;)




1 comment:

Ben and Nikki said...

I just found your blog! I love that you're doing Play Wisely! I'm staying home this year, too and thought about enrolling Ethan!