Monday, November 8, 2010

Trick or Treat & Goodbye

If you have forgotten about our Halloween costume experience last year well let me just remind you: click here.  Needless to say when we showed Molly any costumes in the store this year she wanted nothing to do with them, and honestly I was perfectly fine with that.  Bret's moms birthday is on Halloween so we just hung out at thier house and got Molly this scaredy cat shirt to wear so she could help pass out candy to the trick-or-treaters.  Every time the doorbell rang she got excited and yelled "the kids" but then would stand back and watch us give the candy. 



Molly sampling the candy.

Helping Aunt Abby make cookies.

Molly keeping her distance.

Just being silly.



Now for Goodbyes

This past Wednesday night I got a phone call from my mom saying my Uncle Larry had passed away from a massive heart attack.  He had just turned 60 in February.  He is my dad's only sibling.  We packed up our stuff and headed to Houston on Thursday to be with the family.  It was of course a very emotionally draining weekend ending with the funeral on Sunday.  

Uncle Larry

In between people visiting, viewing, and funeral we had to keep the little ones busy and happy, which actually wasn't hard to do.  My poor Molly and niece and nephew are deprived of having trees all over their yards, but my Granny sure does.  The kids liked to swing but they LOVED playing in the piles of leaves.  That kept them entertained every day!  It's the little things :)






If you did not see my previous post make sure you check it out. It is about FREE Christmas cards!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Lisa,

I'm so sorry to hear about uncle Larry's death. It's no fun to say goodby.