Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Potty Party!!

That's right we had a potty party at the Williams household! Where do I even begin. If you do not care to read a story about a long drawn out process of potty training, especially one talking mostly about pooping then I suggest you don't read this post.

Molly has always been a very calm, sweet, and laid back child.  However if she gets something stuck in her mind she can be VERY stubborn about that decision.  One of these has been potty training.  For the longest time now Molly has shown no interest at all in potty training.  I would try to bribe her with food, candy, toys, stickers you name it she could care less.  About four weeks ago it was just the two of us at the house and she was arguing with me about not wanting to wear any clothes.  She did not want to put on a diaper or panties, nothing.  I told her fine then that means if you are naked in my house you have to go pee and poop on the potty.  She looked at me and said "okay."  For a couple of days after that we had great success with peeing in the potty.  We have had a fair share of accidents here and there but for the most part I think she has gotten the peeing thing down.  Now pooping in the potty was a whole other story.  She was terrified and would cry and cry if she had to poop on the potty.  For four weeks now I have been dealing with a terrified little girl that did not want to poop on the potty and would just poop in her panties.  Yes for four weeks now I have been cleaning poop out of panties.  Even if we were in public she would do this.  I was at my wits ends.  Once again we tried every trick we could think of.  Mind you I used to work with kids that were difficult to potty train and my own daughter was giving me a run for my money.  Out of the blue somebody mentioned something about going to Chuck E Cheese for a party in front of Molly. Molly started asking if she could go.  I told her if she pooped on the potty then we could go to Chuck E Cheese.  For the last week and a half every time she would poop in her panties she would get excited and ask if she could go to Chuck E Cheese I just responded when you poop in the potty.  Well finally, finally last night she pooped in the potty!!  My husband and I actually gave each other high fives.  Molly was so excited and proud of herself as were we.  We kept our promise and loaded up around 7:30 last night and headed to play at Chuck E Cheese.  Molly loved it.  Now don't get me wrong she will not get to go to Chuck E Cheese every time this happens.  I can now slowly start scaling back on her prizes now that she knows what to do.  But you must understand this was a huge deal and big hurdle for her.






4 comments:

Valerie said...

Go Molly!!! I don't know why pooping in the potty is such a challenge....Ian has never been afraid, but we are still deaIng with the occasional "accident.". So frustrating!!! Hope it continues to go well!!!

Alison said...

Yahooooo!!!!! That's awesome! Hopefully she realizes it's not too bad to poop on the potty. :)

The Davis Family said...

The first time is always a big deal!!! Way to go Molly :) Potty training as been the hardest thing for us BY FAR!!!

Megan said...

YEA!!!!! That is awesome!! So cool that you loaded up and went that night!

I can't express to you in words how much I dread potty training in the near future! :-)