Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011: Part 1

What a busy Easter weekend!  That is why I am turning it into two different posts. 

Thursday night Bret, Molly, and I headed down to Cleveland,TX, which is east of Houston, to spend time with my side of the family.  It so happens that both my dad's mom and mom's mom live there so we get to see both Grandma's when we go.  This time though my dad's mom was in the hospital and still is after recovering from heart surgery she had earlier this week.  We visited her lots while we were there but we also spent time with my mom's side of the family.  We had no problem staying busy.  It was exhausting but fun.  We came back home late Saturday night to make it for church and to see Bret's family on Easter Sunday.

  On Friday between all the playing the kids did they helped my cousin Amy make her bunny cake she makes each Easter. 


The finished cake.


And they dyed Easter eggs.


Saturday we had the great Easter egg hunt.  We hid 200 eggs for these four little ones but they actually had no problem finding them.  

Here they are waiting at the starting line ready to go.



Molly's basket full of eggs.

Colton's favorite part was this centipede he found.

Showing Mamaw all the stuff in their eggs.

Saturday late afternoon/evening we had a surprise birthday for my aunt that turned 60.  She was very surprised or at least she said she was.


After some birthday celebration we packed up and headed home.  I will make another post about our Easter Sunday.

No comments: