Monday, July 4, 2011

Hattie Jane's Nursery

We are ready for miss Hattie to be here.  Well maybe not just yet since I am only 34 weeks but her nursery is ready.  Her room was the guest room and we wanted to leave the bed in there so we tried to work around the colors that we already had going in the room.  My sweet cousin let us borrow her nursery bedding which matched great with the room.  We just added a few extra touches to the walls and around the room to make it more special for Hattie.  There are a few small things I would like to get but I can get those over time. 








Here is the fabulous quilt my sister-in-law Abby made for Hattie.  I just love it!


This was the name art I had mentioned I was working on.  
I go the insipration from this blog: Crap I've Made
I obviously made a lot of changes to fit with Hattie's nursery and it actually did not take that long to make, like I had mentioned before. When I found this on the Crap I've Made blog I knew I wanted to make it so I had already bought the frame, fabric, and supplies and then had it all ready and made.  The day we picked her name I got busy putting the letters on the frame and this is how it turned out:

4 comments:

Abby said...

The room looks great! I love how the name turned out!

Abby said...

Love the room! I love how the name turned out!

Alison said...

It's beautiful! That quilt is awesome. I'm gonna quilt one day, myself.... I can't believe you're already 34 weeks!! Can't wait to meet Hattie. :)

Lori said...

super cute! love it!